Astra Acquires OLX Indonesia to Strengthen Its Digital Presence in Southeast Asia

Astra International, the Indonesian conglomerate, has successfully acquired OLX Indonesia, an online classifieds company. 

Astra, via its subsidiaries, now holds full ownership of OLX Indonesia. Astra Digital Mobil possesses 99.98% of OLX Indonesia’s shares, while Astra Digital International holds the remaining 0.02%.

Astra Digital Mobil’s co-CEO and executive director, CK Yap, mentioned that OLX Indonesia will operate independently within Astra’s existing used-car ecosystem, which includes Mobbi, Mobil88, and Setir Kanan. The plan is to maintain the OLX brand, given its importance in fortifying the used-car ecosystem.

Our Thoughts

Astra has positioned itself as a strong contender to Carro and Carsome. Although the specific financial details of the acquisition are undisclosed, the decision to maintain the acquired company as a distinct entity can be seen as a strategic move to preserve the brand’s value and recognition in the market. It also avoids the risk of diluting the brand’s identity and market position through integration.

More Articles for You

BYD Seal U SUV Launching In Malaysia From RM215,000

Beginning with a major expansion of its European portfolio, BYD is in the throes of debuting its all-new BYD SEAL …

New Range Rover Facelift Evoque Debuts In Malaysia

SUV diehards may have trouble telling the new facelifted Range Rover Evoque and the outgoing version apart. Yes, the revisions …

What To Know About The Malaysia-Bound GWM Tank 300

Vehicles from China’s Great Wall Motors will start to make their mark on the Malaysia market this year starting with …

Chery Omoda E5 To Join Lineup In Malaysia In March

The Chery E5, the long-awaited fully electric version of the Omoda 5 range is slated to join the carmaker’s Malaysian …

Toyota Hilux Is Still King Of Pickups In Malaysia

Toyota’s Hilux is one of the toughest pickups on the planet. Many readers may remember its starring role in a …

What You Need To Know About The Perodua D66B Nexis SUV Debuting In Malaysia

Perodua has a surprise for Malaysia’s SUV fans. The automotive world is buzzing with rumours as the unveiling of the …